Thursday 2 June 2011

I am beautiful no matter what they say...

Having been living in the desert for over five years, I’m well aware that this blog can get me into hot water, but I don’t know anyone crazy enough to report me. Most people have commented how much they enjoy reading about my escapades, and a few have mentioned they live vicariously through me. Some of the guys I’ve written about haven’t been too pleased about my blogging, but they know if they reported me, they’d be dragged down too. After all, they’re just as guilty as I am.

So, all in all, there was never a reason for me to make my blog private. Those who didn’t like what I was writing just did not continue to read it. Or so I thought. But there’s always one person who scrutinises every last detail in I write, nit-picking for faults or wrongdoings, so that it can be used against me.

Ordinarily, I don’t care what others think of me. I live my life by the rule that if I don’t want people gossiping about my actions, I don’t do it. That’s not to say I’m necessarily proud of all of my actions, but nor am I remorseful. I do what I do because I follow my heart. It may occasionally be selfish, but I’m no saint. If I lived my life thinking about every person my actions could possibly affect, I’d lock myself away in my room for eternity.

I do, however, believe in treating my friends and family with respect. I’d never do something to intentionally hurt them, but I also wouldn’t tell them everyone in the world will look out for them either. There are threats and opportunities everywhere in life, the world is not a perfect place. I’m not condoning inconsiderate behaviour, I’m just pointing out that it’s inevitable not to encounter it.

Which is why, after a recent blog post, I found it somewhat strange that, two girls I knew, found my actions so awful, they thought it was necessary to verbally and physically attack me. Despite them not being connected to any party mentioned in my blog, they were up in arms about what I’d done. I’d have respected their opinion had they not lashed out with a tirade of abuse, but their juvenile behaviour made me quickly realise it was not me who needed to grow up, as they had told me, it was them.

The abuse I received from these two girls had absolutely no affect on my feelings towards the situation they were so upset about, but it did change my attitude towards them. But it wasn’t the abuse that led me to decide to no longer pursue a friendship with these girls, after all, we can all get angry occasionally and say something we don’t mean. What changed my mind about these two were their lies... They insisted that all of my friends thought I was "utterly disgusting" and that none of them "had a good word to say" about me. I was then told that all of my “friends” were too gutless to tell me so.

WOAH!! Hold your horses, ladies! It’s one thing to insult me but to insult my friends? That’s just too far! When I quizzed my real friends about what they thought about me, and what I’d done, not one of them used the term “utterly disgusting”. In fact, they used nothing of the sort. Instead, I was told the exact opposite. Ok, they didn’t think I’d made the best decision (neither do I), but they did tell me they loved me regardless of any mistakes I made. Which is exactly why they’re my real friends.

The girls who had abused me made out that they were being my real friends and, therefore, had to take their advice. When I said I wouldn’t be, they became rude and aggressive. Not the sign of a true friend…

I’m not sure what their obsession with my personal life is. I can understand being nosey and wanting to know the gossip, but to try to control my actions and demean me is not sane behaviour. I’m not sure what’s going through their heads to make them think they have the moral high-ground, particularly as I’ve seen these two act far worse than I have in the past. It seems it’s easy for them to criticise other people’s behaviour, yet they struggle to look inward and rectify their own misdemeanours. Not that I ever judged them for being unable to do so.

Since all of this has happened, I’ve now erased these two girls from my life, and it feels as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m not dragged down, caught in unnecessary drama or feel the need to constantly explain myself and my actions to others. I’ve received a few messages from them since, but I didn’t read them. I don’t see the need, and am quite happy to live my life without these two. If they don’t like me, they don’t need to contact me, I’m more than happy for them to stay away.

So, despite these girls trying to bring me down, I’m still standing. As I’ve said before, my blog is not about what people want to hear, it’s about my personal experiences. Feel free to offer advice, but don’t attack me if I don’t take it…

No comments:

Post a Comment