Friday 14 August 2009

How to lose a girl in 10 days

I guess some of you are wondering what happened with Mr. A.P last night? Well, in a word, nothing. And it's become so frustrating that I'm rapidly losing interest.

Whilst my friends assure me he is interested, I am beginning to think otherwise. So, he texts back, asks if I'm going out and is friendly when I see him, but last night made me realise that's just not enough. Oddly, if this was pre-X, I'd continue chasing but I've changed. I now put me first and if a guy isn't totally going to cut the mustard, he's out.

Whilst Mr. A.P is a great guy in many ways, he also is carrying more baggage than I realised. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being understanding but he has to want to help himself first and that's not something I'm seeing with Mr. A.P, in fact quite the opposite. Let me explain what I'm talking about...

Yesterday evening it was my intention to go to Hopfest, the annual beer festival in Dubai. Mr. A.P text me during the day asking if I'd be going, to which I said I might if our mutual friend E would attend, as I didn't know anyone else going apart from himself and E. However, I later received an invitation from the CC. I love M's dinner parties; company is excellent, food is sublime and drinks flowing. When the CC said they'd invite Mr. A.P to dinner too, I said I'd go, thinking an intimate dinner with close friends is the perfect way to, well, get more intimate with Mr. A.P.

I sent Mr A.P a message that I might not go to Hopfest as I'd had a dinner invite and he told me he'd also been invited and wished he'd said yes as Hopfest was not his cup of tea. I tried to encourage him to come to the dinner party, but he didn't take the bait.

After dinner, I called him. I thought I might go down there or perhaps he'd come for after-dinner drinks. But nope. In my last vain attempt, this morning I asked if he'd be going back to the beer festival this afternoon, letting him know I'd be there for lunch. Again, nope. 

All these missed opportunities, on top of Tuesday's window, has lead me to give up hope. I'm just too impatient to wait around only to come out of it broken-hearted. I know I'm waiting for S but at least when he is in the country, he makes an effort to see me.

Thing is with Mr. A.P is I don't think he's quite over his ex and she seems to manipulate and play him. Despite her being with another guy, Mr. A.P falls for her. And I'm not ready for all that bullshit. If he really wanted to be free of her games, I'm his ticket out of there. But I guess he doesn't, as he was with her yesterday evening...

I mean, I love the thrill of the chase and the excitement, but I'm not prepared to be part of a ripple effect because some girl I've not met can't decide what she wants. My game playing days are over and I'm not willing to play a losing game.

I'm not casting him off altogether, but I'm no longer going to make any effort. If he wakes up and smells the coffee, he knows where I am. Right now I'm on countdown to seeing S... 6 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment