Sunday 2 August 2009

Que Sera, Sera

Well, it's amazing what can happen in the space of a few weeks. From being in a dead end relationship, to realising how much I missed J and pining for London, to wondering who I'll be dating next in Dubai.

Another Cosmo filled night, another scenario. This time, out with the gang at Apres. The post-ski, or ski-shy, hang out. Remember, I'm writing this after 6 cosmos... enough to give a girl a hangover!

This evening, Miss LC and I tagged along to the apres ski drinks (actually, we were there almost two hours before the skiers turned up, but who's counting)! Anyway, Mr A.P is there, as I knew he would be after Thursday night's delightful conversation. 

It was all light-hearted chit-chat over drinks with friends, just the way a Sunday night should be. As the evening progressed, it dawned on me that I do rather like Mr A.P. He's a very sweet and seemingly genuine guy. Plus he's cute. Not in a drop-dead-gorgeous-Brad-Pitt way, but in a your-smile-is-to-die-for way. Does that make sense? I'm sure most of you girls know what I'm talking about.

However things didn't get very raucous for a Dubai night out, it was all quite subdued. That's probably a good thing, I've been having too many crazy nights since I've been single, so it was quite refreshing just to have post-work cocktails for a few hours. Plus I didn't particularly want to make a drunken fool out of myself. Nope, I was gonna be c-o-o-l, cooooool.

Anyway, when E left, Mr A.P gave myself and Miss LC a double cheek-to-cheek and swiftly followed E. I must admit I was a little disappointed. I didn't really get the opportunity to put the feelers out and he wasn't exactly obvious, one way or the other, whether he liked me or not. I don't mind that, in fact Miss LC is right, it's all part of the fun and the chase. But my god, do you want to know. I want to know. I want to know what's going to happen. How is it going to happen, if it happens?

It's one of those things where your mind works overtime and over analyses everything. Who said what, the eye contact, the body language. Everything. It's all very exciting. With suspense killing me, I text E to put the feelers out for me. Hell, if I can't do it, someone has to help me out! After a few minutes, high on suspense, E texts back saying the feeling may well be mutual. Errmmm... YAY!

So, now what? There's only one thing... yep, another night out. Tomorrow. Ouch. I have to blow off seeing the ex and his new apartment for potential new love. Harsh, but it has to be done. So tomorrow is potentially the fourth meeting with Mr. AP but I don't think it'll end up as one of those where we slope off for some dirty action, but it could well be that we swap numbers. Which is a joy in itself. I mean, it may lead to a date. Oh my god, a date. I've not been on one of those since... well, since before I met X!

I love that feeling - deciding what to wear, suggesting a location, it's all exciting stuff. I'm looking forward to finding out how it unravels. There's just one factor that is playing on my mind... S.

It's weird, because whilst things develop on the Mr A.P front, I'm still thinking about S. I don't know what it is about him. It's driving me crazy. It feels like I've been waiting forever to see him, and to be honest, I can't wait. Maybe it's got to the point where I literally can not wait. Arghhh! Confused.com.

I've been in a similar situation before. Two years ago. Things were developing between me and X but I also liked P. As it happens, things didn't develop quickly enough with P, and I ended up dating X. In hindsight, I'm not sure if that was the right decision on my part but I can't cry over spilt milk.

Thing is, I can't let other potential dates pass me by in the hope things will happen with the guy I'm too into for words. I mean, if I pass by Mr A.P, only to find out S has no interest whatsoever, I'd kick myself. But then I know I'm too much of a wuss to end things with Mr. A.P if S is interested. These are all scenarios in my head of course. It could be that neither S or Mr A.P actually give a shit. Well, that'd be a blow to a girl's ego. But oddly, I'm still used to that rejection.

Then again, they both have an equal running. S should be back in the next few days (at least I hope he is) and I don't even have Mr A.P's number yet and I don't think he's the type to jump in at the deep end. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is what will be, will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment