Wednesday 19 August 2009

I love mid-week surprises!

Well, yesterday was an interesting one yet I was only expecting it to be a fairly routine Tuesday, just waiting for the day to pass as quickly as possible so it would be Thursday evening!

It was elevensies and I went downstairs for a cigarette. Floating in my own little world I was approached by a guy asking me for a lighter, to which I obliged. He then began chatting to me as I quickly inhaled a puff of nicotine-fused smoke. As I stubbed out my cigarette he asked me for my number. I couldn’t think of an excuse quickly enough to not give him my number, I was too taken aback. It’s been a while since I was approached in such a manner and even when I had been in the past it was a complete rarity.

So I gave him my number and rushed back upstairs. I put his number in my phone, but only so I would know not to answer. He was a friendly guy, with a good job as a banker, but he just didn’t do it for me physically and leading on one guy is more than enough!

As it neared lunchtime, our receptionist called me telling me there was Sugar Daddy’s here for me. For non-Dubaians, Sugar Daddy’s is arguably one of the best cake bakeries this side of the desert! I was confused, I hadn’t ordered anything from Sugar Daddy’s. I went to reception and a delivery man handed me a box of delicately decorated cupcakes. I asked who had ordered them…. It was X.

What am I supposed to do? It's not like I can send them back and anyone who knows me will tell you I can not resist a cupcake (or 4). So off I went, back to my desk armed with some of the most delectable cakes in town. The girls (and guys) in my office gave mixed reviews about X sending me cupcakes. "Too little too late" was one response. "He's really trying, you should give him a chance" was another. And one of the boys told me to stop leading him on.

Yes, well, I'm just not cruel enough to be blunt with him. I can't tell credit card salesmen to fuck off, so I can hardly say it to X, whom I still really care for. But then you do have to be cruel to be kind... What to do?

A little later in the day, I found myself caught up in a little email flirting. We're currently pitching for a fab event at work and have had to team up with an events management company. So when I met up with them one day, you can imagine my delight when I was introduced to a cute London boy (CLB) who'd be handling the event. The great thing was, I didn't even start the email flirt, he did.

So, with a smile on my face, I left the office to join the girls at the pub quiz. A fairly tame night for me in comparison to the revelry I've been enjoying of late, but we did win the quiz! Ok, the prize is shit but the satisfaction of winning can not be beaten (excuse the pun).

As for today, X emailed me again asking if I wanted to do something on Saturday. I've not said yes but I didn't say no either. As I'm now seeing S on Friday instead of Thursday, I'm kinda hoping I won't be leaving my bed all day on Saturday... 2 days to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment